REGISTRATIONS FOR THE NEXT BATCH ARE OPEN
Over the last ten years, there have been massive changes in the global marketplace for pharmaceuticals and in the funding levels available for major health programs such as HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria. The net result has been to force a need for development of skill sets to operate effectively in the global scenario.
A number of short courses in Pharmaceutical Procurement and Supply Management are available – and indeed Empower operates such short courses, but there has long been a need for courses which can provide a greater link with overall healthcare management, rather than viewing PSM issues in isolation.
In order to address this identified need, Empower has developed a Post Graduate Diploma course in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management, accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, India.
A key feature of the course will be, in addition to acquiring the knowledge of the management structures and systems required for effective operation, to also develop the skills of address the PSCM issues and resource requirements and to be able to advocate for PSCM issues and funding.
- To develop in depth understanding of procurement and supply chain in general and especially in donor funded programs.
- To develop capacity to assess and address supply chain bottlenecks.
The course would be open to:
- Applicants currently engaged in public health related activities
- Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications in medical and allied fields. The candidates with relevant work experience in public health with health related organizations/ NGO's would be preferred
The course is broken into 8 modules and 1 final assessment to qualify for a Diploma. The modules come with pre-recorded lectures (chapter –wise) (4 hours), case studies, quizzes and self learning materials which add up to 25 hours. There will also be an e-mail tutorial support and group discussion through web based system. English is the main language for instructions.
Faculty with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, national and international experience combined with a breadth and depth of procurement and supply chain knowledge will be involved throughout the course.
Students will be evaluated at the end of each module using multiple choice questions and case study development assignment as well as through a final examination at the end of the course. The course is programmed in such a way that participants will earn credits with completion of each module and the Diploma can only be earned once a certain number of credits are completed.
- Minimum bandwidth of 512 kbps (1mbps recommended)
- Processor: Pentium 4 or equivalent and above
- RAM: 512 MB and above (1 GB recommended)
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.x, 3.x r Google Chrome
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris
- Headset with microphone (web camera - optional)
The participants shall be assessed on the basis of online assessments that they have completed over the entire duration of the program for all the 8 modules. Students have to secure good grades for each module separately. Net score at the time of completion of the course would be calculated by giving 30% weight to the individual modules and 70% to the final exam.