International Workshop on Strategic Leadership in Global Health and Development
23 Apr 2018 To 27 Apr 2018 Dubai, UAE
The goal of the strategic leadership and management in healthcare is to assist participants in building continuously learning organizations, meet the health targets of their countries and provide a guiding shared vision to improve people's health.
Policy makers, leaders and managers in public health, especially the ones working on Universal Health Coverage, disease-focused programs, elimination of diseases and global health supply chains. The seminar engages participants in exploring innovative approaches to policy analysis, strategic planning, advocacy, program management and evaluation, and organizational change. This course is meant for senior executives with at least 10-20 years experience and are managing teams and a program budget.
Strategic Leadership workshop will cover
- systems thinking and strategic leverage,
- personal mastery and commitment to change,
- action-learning principles and practice,
- shared vision and creative tension,
- the theory of constraints and root cause analysis,
- strategy design and key moves,
- implementation with accountability, &
- linking data to action.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- The leaders tool-kit
- Best practices of leadership: leadership challenge and improving leadership effectiveness
- Characteristics and competencies of successful leaders
- Building a shared vision
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- Women in a leadership role – challenges and strengths
- Leading for the future - managing in a changing global health environment
- Creating individual accountability
- Creating high impact organizations
- Goal-setting and driving performance
- Creating strong governance & accountability
- Leveraging data & analytics for decision making
- Driving organizational change during a transition
- Coaching future leaders
- Communicating effectively and building consensus and trust
- Leading high-impact teams
Course fees: US $2500 which includes:
• One week face-to-face workshop in Dubai
• Certificate from Empower School of Health
• One year technical assistance
• Local transportation for field visits
Does not include – International travel, airport transfers, food and accommodation
Registration deadline: 10th April, 2018
To apply, please fill the form or please email us at: email@example.com
Dr. W. Henry Mosley: Professor, Population Family & Reproductive Health Department, Johns Hopkins University; worked for over 45 years in international health programs in Asia and Africa. Served as Chair of the Department of Population Dynamics & Director of the Hopkins Population Centre at the JHBSPH, and was the Founding Director of the International Centre for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh.
Dr. Benjamin Lozare: Director for Training and Capacity Building, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Communications Programs (JHUCCP). He has more than 25 years of experience in research, teaching, and practice in international and development communication.
Prof. Paul S. Lalvani: Director, Empower Group; Deputy Chair, People that Deliver. He has more than 25 years of experience in capacity building, procurement and supply chain, access to medicines and technology transfer. Former head of Global Fund’s Department of Procurement and Supply Chain Management, advisor to Gates Foundation, World Bank, WHO, and various Ministries of Health.
Dr. Denis Broun: Director, Empower Swiss. He has worked in the field of international health for the past 30 years. He was a former Executive Director of UNITAID, Geneva. He is currently a permanent observer in Geneva of the Partnership for Population and Development with Ambassador rank and serves as an adviser to the Chairman and CEO of CIPLA, a leading Indian generic manufacturer.
Dr. Bernadette Nirmal Kumar: Director, Norwegian National Center for Migration and Minority Health; Associate Professor - Global Health, Institute for Health and Society, University of Oslo; Former Senior Advisor to the Royal Norwegian Embassy for the Prime Ministers’ - Norway India Partnership.
Dr. S Y Quraishi: Former Special Secretary to Government. of India, Chief Election Commissioner of India. Currently, he is on the Board of Advisors for the Empower Group, pursues his interests in academics by teaching & mentoring at Cluster Innovation Centre, the University of Delhi as Honorary Professor.
Ms. Carol Squire: Chief Strategy Officer, Empower School of Health. With more than 30 years of international public health experience working with private, non-profit and public-sector partners, multilateral and non-governmental donors, her expertise lies in facilitating management teams, strategic planning, executive team organization, team building, and developing management and leadership skills.
Ms. Sangeeta Tikyani: Associate Director - Public Health, Empower School of Health. With more than 13 years of experience in the field of public health, her areas of expertise are Public Health Leadership, Health System Strengthening, Capacity Building, Quality Assurance and Hospital Management. She has been on various boards and chaired many technical committees.