International Workshop on Strategic Leadership in Global Health
23 Apr 2018 To 27 Apr 2018 Dubai, UAE
The goal of the strategic leadership in healthcare is to assist participants in building continuously learning organizations, to meet the health needs of their respective countries.
The course is designed for policy makers, program managers and leaders in the healthcare industry especially the ones dealing with Universal Health Access. The seminar engages participants in exploring innovative approaches to policy analysis, strategic planning, advocacy, program management and evaluation, and organizational change. The chief executives, directors and senior managers of hospitals as well as development organizations, national health programs and national and state level institutes can equally benefit from the program.
• Procurement and supply chain – its criticality and the challenges it faces in fragile and post conflict health systems
• Strategic Leadership workshop will cover
- mental models and the household production of health,
- systems thinking and strategic leverage,
- personal mastery and commitment to change,
- action-learning principles and practice,
- shared vision and creative tension,
- the theory of constraints and root cause analysis,
- strategy design and key moves,
- implementation with accountability, &
- linking data to action.
Course fees: US $2500 which includes:
• One week face-to-face workshop in Dubai
• Certificate from Empower School of Health
• One year technical assistance
• Local transportation for field visits
Does not include – International travel, airport transfers, food and accommodation
*Scholarships and Group Discounts Available
Registration deadline: 30th March, 2018
To apply, please fill the form or please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. W. Henry Mosley: Professor, Population Family & Reproductive Health Department, Johns Hopkins University. Served as Chair of the Department of Population Dynamics & Director of the Hopkins Population Center at the JHBSPH, and was the Founding Director of the International Center for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh.
Dr. Benjamin Lozare: Director and Chief, Training & Performance Improvement Division in the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communications Programs (JHUCCP). He has more than 25 years of experience in research, teaching, and practice in international and development communication.
Prof. Paul S. Lalvani : Director, Empower School of Health. Former head of Global Fund’s department of Procurement and Supply Chain Management, advisor to Gates Foundation, World Bank, WHO, and various Ministries of Health.
Dr. Lakhwinder Singh Sidhu: Dean, Empower School of Health; 20 years’ experience in assessments of public health funded by various donors like the Global Fund, World Bank and Clinton Foundation
Ms. Sangeeta Tikyani: Associate Director - Public Health, Empower School of Health. her areas of expertise are Public Health Leadership, Health System Strengthening, Capacity Building, Quality Assurance/Improvement, Hospital Management, Public Health Education and Program Management